Quality Control / Lab Manager
TRU Colors is a state-of-the-art brewery (67-barrel system), recording studio, fitness center, and taproom that has hired active gang members (think Blood, Crip, & GD) to come together, stop violence, and unite people across the country; and it works!
We are not a warm and fuzzy nonprofit, rather a for-profit sustainable company with a strongly integrated social mission, scalable business model, proven team, and incredible partners to help us pull it off. Have your attention?
Working at TRU Colors means you better be good with TRU— Truth, Responsibility, and Unity. It also means you need to be what we call ‘Authentically Adaptive’— always be true to who you are, but respect and adapt to the environment you’re in. We’re doing something that has never been done, so get comfortable with change.
Areas of responsibility
- Developing, maintaining, and executing the quality sampling plan and making this data accessible to the Vice President of Brewery Operations and Directors of Brewing and Packaging for decision making
- Ensuring quality analysis from grain to glass is completed, collected, and stored. This includes, but is not limited to, COAs, lot tracking, mill analysis, wort, yeast, fermenting and finished beer
- Develops, maintains, and enforces product specifications adherence throughout operations
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and mentoring a QA Analyst
- Preventative maintenance and upkeep of all laboratory equipment
- Inventory management of necessary equipment and supplies for the laboratory
- Must have 3+ years experience as a QA/QC Technician in manufacturing/beverage, preferably in the brewery industry
- Degree in Fermentation Science or Diploma in Brewing from the Institute of Brewing and Distilling
- Knowledge of cGMPs and HACCP
- Very detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with short and long-term projects
- Ability and desire work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Proven commitment to equity and inclusion and a personal approach that values all people and respects differences
- An effective listener with a highly collaborative style