TRU Colors is a state-of-the-art brewery (67-barrel system), recording studio, fitness center, and taproom that has hired active gang members (think Blood, Crip, & GD) to come together, stop violence, and unite people across the country; and it works!
We are not a warm and fuzzy nonprofit, rather a for-profit sustainable company with a strongly integrated social mission, scalable business model, proven team, and incredible partners to help us pull it off. Have your attention?
Working at TRU Colors means you better be good with TRU— Truth, Responsibility, and Unity. It also means you need to be what we call ‘Authentically Adaptive’— always be true to who you are, but respect and adapt to the environment you’re in. We’re doing something that has never been done, so get comfortable with change.
As the Packaging Manager, you will initially work hand in hand with this role in commissioning our 200 can per minute filler, racking line, warehouse and shipping logistics. You will also work with the Director of Brewing to support wort production and clarification operations. Once the canning and racking lines are commissioned, you will be responsible for quality, efficiency and optimization of packaged beer and on time deliveries.
In the interim, the Packaging Manager will report directly to the VP of Brewery Operations.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for hiring, developing and mentoring the packaging, warehouse and shipping team
- Upkeep and maintenance of the canning line, racking line, shipping and warehouse equipment
- In charge of ordering raw materials for packaging and shipping operations
- Develop packaging, shipping production and personnel schedules to meet production demand
- Packaging specification management
- Testing of new materials in packaging
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as an operations leader in manufacturing/beverage, preferably in the brewery industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Fermentation Science or Successful completion of modules 1 & 2 from the Diploma in Brewing from the Institute of Brewing and Distilling
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with short and long-term projects
- Ability and desire work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Proven commitment to equity and inclusion and a personal approach that values all people and respects differences
- An effective listener with a highly collaborative style
Apply for the position of Packaging Manager