Brewery Sales Representative
TRU Colors is a state-of-the-art brewery (67-barrel system), recording studio, fitness center, and taproom that has hired active gang members (think Blood, Crip, & GD) to come together, stop violence, and unite people across the country; and it works!
We are not a warm and fuzzy nonprofit, rather a for-profit sustainable company with a strongly integrated social mission, scalable business model, proven team, and incredible partners to help us pull it off. Have your attention?
Working at TRU Colors means you better be good with TRU— Truth, Responsibility, and Unity. It also means you need to be what we call ‘Authentically Adaptive’— always be true to who you are, but respect and adapt to the environment you’re in. We’re doing something that has never been done, so get comfortable with change.
The Brewery Sales Representative is the first point of contact for the TRU Colors in the marketplace. The purpose of this position is to increase TRU Light sales by building strong relationships with our distributor partners and key accounts, assisting in educating their staff and customers about our mission and beer. It is expected that 80% of your time spent is in the marketplace. The ideal candidate will have previous or current experience of the Charlotte, NC market.
The Brewery Sales Representative will report directly to the Area Sales Manager.
Areas of responsibility
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume across on-premise and off-premise accounts
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, beer launches, seasonal and brewery initiatives, helping build consumer acceptance of the products
- Bring forward POCM/POS ideas to marketing and communicate any state laws when creating materials
- Conduct promotions at bars and restaurants, samplings at retail stores and brewery visits for retailers
- Complete required tracking such as: expense reports, tracking forms, surveys and work orders
- Establish and monitor quality control standards (product freshness, finished product loss)
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules. Frequent travel, weekend and extended workdays are necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- 2+ years of beer industry experience
- Strong knowledge of the Charlotte market for beer
- Experience in both distributor and supplier side
- Is a self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Has a strong work ethic with a genuine desire to build a strong brand and drive execution
- Is highly organized and has a track record of leading by example
- Has the ability to motivate and influence others