TRU Colors is a state-of-the-art brewery (67-barrel system), recording studio, fitness center, and taproom that has hired active gang members (think Blood, Crip, & GD) to come together, stop violence, and unite people across the country; and it works!
We are not a warm and fuzzy nonprofit, rather a for-profit sustainable company with a strongly integrated social mission, scalable business model, proven team, and incredible partners to help us pull it off. Have your attention?
Working at TRU Colors means you better be good with TRU— Truth, Responsibility, and Unity. It also means you need to be what we call ‘Authentically Adaptive’— always be true to who you are, but respect and adapt to the environment you’re in.
As a Brewer, you will be responsible for daily brewing operations relating to wort production and cellar activities. The Brewer will work in daily coordination with the brewhouse, cellar, packaging, QA/QC, and warehouse teams.
In the interim, the Brewer will report directly to the Head Brewer.
Areas of responsibility
Brewery operations including, but not limited to:
- Wort production on a 50 bbl, semi-automated brewhouse
- CIP of all brewery vessels including brewhouse, fermenters, and brite tanks
- Monitors and records keeping of all fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer
- In charge of centrifugation, filtration operations, carbonation, and preparation of beer packaging
- Handles yeast process including pitching, propagating, harvesting, and lab cell counting
- Manages raw materials including receiving, handling, storage, and inventory counting
- Participates in sensory training
- Follows established SOPs and best practices to produce high quality beer
- Aids in training and professional development of new brewers
- Ensures a safe work environment
- Runs routine preventative maintenance of equipment
- Ability to frequently lift or move 25 lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 55 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in typical brewery environment consisting of high noise levels, hot/cold climate, and wet/slippery conditions